Sunday, 20 January 2008

Cod4 mod tools

So the COD4 mod tools are out and I wanted to be one of the first to have a go at them so I started a map and this shall be my log lol

Saturday

  • Managed to build the shape of my map nice and easily and get the general layout
  • I wanted to test my map and had a hell of a time trying to get it to compile, it turned out all multiplayer maps need the 'mp_ ... ' in their filename, which is annoying but it worked in the end
  • learnt that there's a hell of alot more required to make a new map so quit for the day lol

Sunday

  • Carried on with the general design and for now the layout and design is done, all thats left is just the fine touches and detail
  • Tried to import some models in their prefab format into my map but everytime it crashed, there's an aparent fix but i'm not in much the mood to tinker around with it
  • After copying and pasting a folder into 4 different places I got them to work, I might finish this map tomorrow depending on motivation heh

No comments: